Friday, May 17, 2013

Mokhov


Mokhov - Magic Times
Mokhov - Sun Clouds

Electronic producer Mokhov makes music that sounds like it's been retroactively crafted as a soundtrack to every single cross-country drive I've ever been on. Or something like that. I usually ignore blurbs penned by artists trying to hype themselves, but in this case the self-proclaimed Boards Of Canada and Four Tet similarities are actually fairly accurate 'cause I can definitely hear influences from both, and I can easily see fans of also-similar-sounding peeps like Tycho and Yppah getting down with the dreamy beats and atmospherics on Magic Times as well. So there.

Magic Times is available courtesy of Mokhov

2 comments:

DARN1T said...

wow name drop Tycho, Yppah, BoC & Tet?!?! How can I not DL this? thanks yo.

Liquid Jesus said...

Haha. It is a fairly impressive list of influences, I guess. I hope I'm not completely wrong with it.